ViMaCs: Virtual Master Cooperation Data Science
Project-ID: 57513461 (Phase 1), 57602060 (Phase 2)
The project creates the necessary conditions for the Ukrainian partners for digital and virtual teaching and learning infrastructure in the area of data science, which is very important for digital transformation. In relation to the funding objectives of the call for proposals, ViMaCs contributes to establishing the model of the virtual cross-border Master School as a cooperation and internationalization instrument in Ukraine.
The core of the project is the development and implementation of a digital teaching and learning offer in the field of the versatile and highly up-to-date “Data Science” by developing an innovative and inherently digitized structure of a Master School.
01.10.2019 – 30.09.2021 (Phase 1), 01.11.2021 – 31.10.2023 (Phase 2)
DAAD funding programme: Supporting the internationalization of Ukrainian universities: Shaping the Digital Future Together 2021-2023
Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts (FH Dortmund)
- Establish a new model of a “Digital Education Ecosystem (DEE)” for Ukraine.
- Development of the consortium activities of the ViMaCs;
- Development of four cross-border Master-Level-Modules for training in the framework of Data Science;
- Joint organisation of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter Schools as cross-border courses;
- Development and implementation of a digital infrastructure for joint teaching, learning, and virtual mobility of students and staff;
- Exchange of students, lecturers, and staff between the partners.
Development of the Data Science Learning Modules:
- Business Intelligence and Decision Making (see an explainer video);
- Data Acquisition and Processing (see an explainer video);
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics (see an explainer video);
- Cloud Based Data Processing Systems (see an explainer video);
- Machine Learning Ops (see an explainer video).
Implementation of the IT cluster with the focus on:
- Collection and processing of business data and data-based decision-making;
- Collection of technical data and the processing of large amounts of data;
- On artificial intelligence and neural networks, e.g. for biomedical data.
Pilot Teaching in form of:
- Winter School;
- Spring School;
- Summer School;
- Autumn School.
Development of the training programme:
- eLearning module “ViMaCs Train-the-Trainer” for Didactics and
- eLearning module “ViMaCs IT Infrastructure” for university staff.
Development of the advisory services:
- Student Journey Configurator;
- Mobility Planner.
- Fachhochschule Dortmund (FH Dortmund), Dortmund, Germany
- Main focus in the project: overall management;
- Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture (KNUCA), Kyiv, Ukraine
- Main focus in the project: Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, and Decision Making;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University (LPNU), Lviv, Ukraine
- Main focus in the project: Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning;
- National University “Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic” (NU-ZP), Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine
- Main focus in the project: Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence;
- West Ukrainian National University (WUNU), Ternopil, Ukraine
- Main focus in the project: Data Acquisition and Data Processing.